Relentless DUI Representation
Being arrested for DUI is a traumatic experience. We realize the loss of one’s freedom for even a short amount of time is stressful. Steve offers the following tips that may be helpful to you during this period:
- Remember, an arrest is not a conviction. All that is needed to arrest or charge someone is suspicion on an officer’s part that a crime occurred. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is required for a conviction. The standard of proof needed to convict is much higher than the suspicion standard needed to justify an arrest.
- If your vehicle has been towed, make immediate arrangements to have it picked up. Storage fees can accumulate quickly.
- If your license was seized due to a refusal, or registering over a .15 on the Breathalyzer, you will need to request a hearing to obtain temporary driving privileges.
Contact our office immediately for assistance in the proper procedure. You only have a 30 day window to request this hearing.
- Information found on the internet in regards to DUI is for general information only. There is no substitute for the experience and advice of competent legal counsel. Be advised that each state has different laws/punishments for DUI, and many sites are not kept current. Each case has its own characteristics.
- If you choose to go to your court date without counsel, a bench trial can be held at that time and you will most likely be convicted on the spot. The laws in South Carolina regarding DUI/DUAC are complex and we recommend that you visit with an attorney who is familiar with these areas well in advance of the court date.
We invite you to fill out our Upstate DUI Contact Form. We will review this information and be in contact within 24 working hours. Remember, our initial consultation is free.
Professional Endorsements from Attorneys Nationwide
Take a look at what attorneys from across the country have to say about Steve Sumner
Results achieved for one client do not indicate similar results for other clients.